Monday, March 31, 2008

Interval Training...


Now let me tell you something about long distance running...I hate it. Growing up I played a lot of sports. Not necessarily organized sports, but you know the back yard, playground, street ball type of sports. The kind where you played for respect, not a trophy. The kind where you ran up and down a playground court, or sand lot bases, or even just in the street. I never liked long distant running and I still don't, because I feel the Interval Training I do takes me back to my youth. Maybe in more ways than one...

Interval Training...
High intensity running or biking or any type of cardio for a short time, followed by a low intensity period, and then back to high intensity.

So, yesterday was my light day of activity. My wife and I took the kids and the dog down to the playground. The weather here has been awful lately and it actually wasn't too bad yesterday. Kids were playing on the equipment, the dog was a bit bored, so I decided to run intervals with my dog while the kids played on the playground equipment. Now, I have a Pug and Beagle mix (Puggle), so she's not your typical running type of dog. However, I was impressed with her, and once she understood what I was doing, she really got into it. People around the park I think thought I was crazy, but she was having fun and I was having a blast, and getting some good interval cardio in at the same time. Not to mention, she could probably lose a few pounds as well.

So, now Mocha, my 10 month old puggle has been introduced to Turbulence Training.

Good Times!!

Click Here for Turbulence Training

No comments: