Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Inspiration and Motivation...


So, I recently added some pictures to this blog, and to my forum posts on TTMembers.com. Generally people see a picture of Brett Favre and they just think, "Oh, Ok, Jim's a Packer fan and a Brett Favre Fan". But I really posted those pictures for a reason. I didn't just post a picture of Brett Favre just because of being a Packer Fan, or because of being a Brett Favre fan. The picture on this site and in my forum posts of Brett Favre are a bit of a symbol. A symbol of everything that this lifestyle change stands for, and for everything Brett Favre stood for. His toughness, his abilities, his gift, his pure love of football. No matter what life threw in his direction, he bounced back and just kept on...and never quit.

As a Packer Fan, Brett Favre was a part of my life for 16 years. My wife and I just started dating when he started playing with the Packers. We married, built a house, had 2 kids. But yet every Sunday, we flip on the game and there was number 4. A man that just absolutely gave it his all every game, and just never quit. As our life changed, so did his, but one thing was constant. He was passionate, tough and never quit or let anyone or anything stand in his way. But most of all, he simply just loved to play the game.

So on his retirement day, grown men cried. Everyone in the state of Wisconsin and maybe even everyone in America will remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard Brett Favre was retiring from the Green Bay Packers. It was a sad dayto see someone go that brought so much joy to us for so long. So, Thanks for the great run, it was fun while it lasted!!

Click Here For Turbulence Training

No comments: