Thursday, April 10, 2008

Best Shape of My Adult Life...

Craig Ballantyne and a bunch of fitness expets at Mens Health created this standard to test your level of fitness...

Where do you rank?

Vertical Jump (inches)
Out of shape = <16
Average = 16-18
Fit = 19-23
MH Fit = 24+

Chinups
Out of shape = 0
Average = 4
Fit = 8
MH Fit = 9+

1-leg squat
Out of shape = 0
Average = 1
Fit = 3
MH Fit = 6+

Pushups
Out of shape = <20
Average = 20-34
Fit = 35-49
MH Fit = >50

Mile
Out of shape = 10 minutes
Average = <8minutes
Fit = <7minutes
MH Fit = <6minutes

When I first looked at this back in about week 4 of the Belly Off program, I thought oh my God, this can't be right?! Looking at it now, in week 11 of my workouts, this appears to be completely in line. I have actually been using this as a gage for my progression.

Here is how I rank:

Vertical Jump: TBD
Chinups: 12
1 Leg squats: 4
Pushups: 50+
Mile Run: 8 minutes ( Not a fan of distance running at all)

I still need to test myself on the 1 leg squats, and the vertical jump. I think the vertical jump I will fall into the fit range for since I played a lot of basketball and actually worked on increasing my vertical growing up. I leg squats...probably not so good. But I'll get there.

I will be completing the 4th week of TT For Fat Loss Intermediate next week, but I'm actuall going to use next week as a bot of an off week. Reducing sets and intervals. Still keep the same weight, just reduce the intensity of my workouts.

Then I am going to the Original TT workout. Everything I have read on this so far it should be a real kick in the BUTT!!

Click Here For Turbulence Training

No comments: